1. First, visit www.pinterest.com. Click “Request an Invite” OR, if you have a friend who is already on Pinterest, have them invite you! It will be much quicker to be invited by a friend, because you’ll receive it instantly in your email inbox.
2. Once you have received your invite, click the link provided to sign up. Hint: You must already have a Facebook or Twitter account.
3. Click on which account you’d like to link to your Pinterest account.
4. Next, it will ask you to sign in to your Facebook or Twitter account.
5. Then, you will choose a username, password, and email address that will be associated with your Pinterest account.
6. Choose what categories you are interested in
7. Pinterest with then show you all the people you are connected with through Facebook or Twitter.
8. You can now see everything your friends have “pinned” to their boards and start creating boards of your own.
9. To pin something, click the “Add” button in the top right corner of the page. If you choose “Add a Pin,” it will ask you for a URL and it will pull images from that website. By choosing “Upload a Pin,” you will be able to pin items that are already in your computer. You can also click “Create a Board” to pin things of a certain genre to.